- February 21, 2013
- Cookbook Recipe, Desserts, Made by Me, Pastries, Pies + Tarts, Recipe Journal, Winter
- almond, almond cream, almond extract, almond meal, baking, Big Sur Bakery, blood orange, brunch, California cuisine, chocolate spread, citrus fruits, clementine, cookbook recipe, crostata, dark chocolate, frangipane, French pastry, fruit desserts, grapefruit, Italian, jam, La Tejea, marmalade, Mediterranean cooking, Michelle Rizzolo, Nutella, orange, pâte brisée, pie crust, pie dough, recipe, rustic, Seville orange, spanish Marcona almonds, step-by-step recipe, tart
The recipe comes from The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook; a crostata, rustic tart or pie, with bitter orange chocolate marmalade, almond pastry cream (frangipane) and seasonal citrus fruits.
- November 24, 2012
- Cakes + Tortes, Desserts, Fall, Gatherings, Made by Me, Recipe Journal, Thanksgiving
- afternoon tea, allspice, almond, almond extract, almond meal, Amaretto, American cuisine, baked, black+white, brunch, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, make-ahead, nutmeg, pound cake, pumpkin, recipe, shortening, tube pan, vanilla bean
- November 13, 2012
- Custards + Puddings, Desserts, Made by Me, Recipe Journal, The Khohanotz
- cardamom, cinnamon, dairy-free, iranian cuisine, make-ahead, medium-grain rice, pantry quick fix, persian food, pudding, recipe, rice pudding, rose water, saffron, sholeh zard, short-grain rice, spoon desserts, step-by-step recipe
Sholeh Zard is a centuries old golden rice pudding flavored with saffron and rose water. Its fragrant taste and decorative garnishes used give this Persian recipe its distinct character. One can get quite creative using toppings such as cinnamon, pistachio, almond, candied orange peel and edible miniature roses.
- September 25, 2012
- Cookbook Recipe, Desserts, Made by Me, Pastries, Recipe Journal
- chocolate, choux pastry, cream puff, Dorie Greenspan, Éclairs, French food, French pastry, ganache, Italian ice cream, pain à la duchesse, pastry, pâte à choux, Pierre Hermé, profiterole, recipe, rice crunch, spumoni, step-by-step recipe
This pate a choux recipe is adapted from Chocolate Desserts by Pierre Herme. The eclair, an oblong shape pastry, is filled with ice cream rather than custard or whipped cream and glazed with chocolate covered rice crunch rather than icing or caramel.
A dense, sweet, fine-textured almond flavored pound cake that is soft on the inside and hard on the outside.
- June 22, 2012
- Cakes + Tortes, Custards + Puddings, Desserts, Made by Me, Recipe Journal
- baking, cocoa, cookbook recipe, espresso, II Fornaio, Italian, layered dessert, make-ahead, marsala, mascarpone, pudding, recipe, rum, savoiardi biscuits, spoon desserts, tiramisu, Torta Maddalena, trifle
- March 6, 2012
- Custards + Puddings, Made by Me, Party Food, Recipe Journal
- bain-marie, caramel, chocolate, crème caramel, custard, eggs, flan, food+cooking, milk, recipe, spoon desserts
- January 21, 2012
- Cakes + Tortes, Desserts, Made by Me, Recipe Journal
- British, chocolate, easy recipes, European, fruit, holidays, Italian, liqueur, make-ahead, nuts, sweet treats
Full of nuts, fruit, biscuits and candy or whatever you feel might work; an easy no-bake chocolate cake recipe also known as fridge cake or biscuit cake throughout the United Kingdom.
It is a variant of ‘Salame al Cioccolato’, and Italian dessert traditionally made with biscuits and shaped into a log, like salami, and sliced just before serving.