- July 26, 2011
- DIY Projects, Floral + Decorative, Green Living, Plants + Gardening, Tutorials
- eco-friendly, green design, hobby, houseplants, how-to, make-it, modern, string gardens
photo credit: String Gardens
A few weeks back I posted an article titled Modern & Eco-Friendly Indoor Gardens in which I talked about string gardens by Fedor van der Valk. As promised, here is a tutorial on how to make your own hanging string-bound Kokedama moss balls.
Kokedama is an old Japanese botanic art form which has been lately revived. The following tutorial with accompanying instructional photos are courtesy of Sicilian-born Amsterdam-based designer Aura Scaringi from Miss Moussetache. A portfolio of her work can be found at Mimimou; an urban exploration, graphic design and illustration studio.
- July 11, 2011
- Details, Environments, Kids Parties, Lifestyle, Occasions, Real Kids Parties, Themed Parties
- birthday idea, dessert table, eco-friendly, event design, event resources, party supplies, prop styling, safari party
Come along for a ride, on a wild animal safari birthday party.
Daneve is the owner and creative force behind Ah-Tissue. She put together this safari themed party for her son Tahlin’s 3rd birthday with the help of her husband Darren. Being a huge supporter of small businesses, she made a point to purchase supplies from great companies she had found through Facebook. Since the party revolved around nature, she tried to keep it as eco-friendly as possible – using a lot of recycled items found around her house and buying organic and biodegradable products.
- July 5, 2011
- Eco-Friendly Products, Environments, Green Living, Plants + Gardening, Repurposed + Upcycled
- air plants, city living, container gardening, eco-friendly, green design, houseplants, living wall art, mini garden, modern, plant pots, recycled materials, small spaces, sustainable, terrarium, urban, urban farm, vertical gardens
Organic, recycled, reused, upcycled or urban green. You can call it whatever you want! Here are some fresh design ideas you can use to create your own modern and eco-friendly indoor gardens.
Many of us are apprehensive about having to care for houseplants, whether we believe to have a brown thumb, haven’t quite mastered creating the “perfect” environment plants need to strive or simply find it hard to incorporate them into our modern living spaces. It is time to think outside the box with these innovative options for modern and environmentally responsible gardening.