- June 10, 2013
- Appetizers, Cookbook Recipe, Hot Appetizer, Made by Me, Party Food, Recipe Journal, Seafood, The Khohanotz
- Atlantic salmon, bell peppers, bulgur, cookbook recipe, deep-fried, fish kibbeh, Greg Malouf, Hardie Grant Books, kibbeh, kofte, kubba, kubbeh, kufta, kufteh, lebanese food, levantine cuisine, Lucy Malouf, make-ahead, mezze, middle eastern food, pine nuts, recipe, Saha, salmon, seafood, shallots, shrimp, small plates, syrian recipe, tapas, քյուֆթա, كبة السمك
- April 14, 2013
- Made by Me, Main Courses, Noodles + Pasta, Recipe Journal, Soup + Stew, The Khohanotz
- ancient armenia, Antimo Caputo 00 Chef's Flour, armenian food, chicken base, Cilician Armenia, comfort food, culture, demi-glace, dinner, dough, dumpling, food+cooking, freeze-for-later, Greek-style yogurt, kefir cheese, King Arthur Italian-Style Flour, labne, labneh, lebni, levantine cuisine, madzoon abour, make-ahead, mantabour, manti, manti çorbası, manti dough, middle eastern food, minced beef, mint, one-dish meal, recipe, shishbarak, soup, southern caucasian cuisine, spas, step-by-step recipe, strained yogurt, sulu manti, tanabour, tipo '00' flour, yayla çorbası, yogurt, Մանթի, ششبرك
Manti are tiny ring shaped tortellini-like dumplings (agantch, in Armenian) that are either baked or boiled like pasta. Tanabour, Madzoon Abour or Spas is a classic soup made with yogurt; but traditionally made with dried buttermilk. Once combined together it turns into a one-dish meal better known as Mantabour.
- November 24, 2012
- Cakes + Tortes, Desserts, Fall, Gatherings, Made by Me, Recipe Journal, Thanksgiving
- afternoon tea, allspice, almond, almond extract, almond meal, Amaretto, American cuisine, baked, black+white, brunch, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, make-ahead, nutmeg, pound cake, pumpkin, recipe, shortening, tube pan, vanilla bean
- November 19, 2012
- Entertaining, Holiday Cooking, Holidays, Made by Me, Recipe Journal, Sides, Stuffing + Dressing, Thanksgiving
- American cuisine, baked, beef, Beef Lit’l Smokies, bread, bread stuffing, candied orange peel, celery, ciabatta, comfort food, cranberry, dressing, fall, garlic, herbs, holidays, leeks, make-ahead, Martha Stewart Living, mushroom, onion, pecans, poultry, recipe, roasted chestnut, sage, sausage, seasonal celebrations, side dish, step-by-step recipe, thyme
- November 18, 2012
- Entertaining, Fall, Holiday Cooking, Holidays, Made by Me, Recipe Journal, Sides, Thanksgiving, Vegetables
- Alton Brown, American cuisine, baked, beans, casserole, comfort food, fall, Food Network, Good Eats, green bean casserole, green beans, half-and-half, haricots verts, holidays, legumes, make-ahead, mushroom, nutmeg, occasions, onion, panko, porcini, recipe, seasonal celebrations, side dish, simmer, step-by-step recipe, Thanksgiving, vegetables
- November 17, 2012
- Entertaining, Holiday Cooking, Holidays, Recipe Journal, Sides, Thanksgiving, Vegetables
- baked, casserole, comfort food, fall, garlic, gluten-free, gratin, Gruyère, holidays, make-ahead, nutmeg, occasions, parsnip, rice flour, root vegetables, seasonal celebrations, side dish, Silvia Fountaine, thyme, vegetarian, whipping cream
With Thanksgiving just around the corner I am bombarded with amazing holiday concoctions from talented bloggers around the web. I came across this Parsnip Gratin recipe featured on Feasting At Home and had to share it with you guys.
- November 13, 2012
- Custards + Puddings, Desserts, Made by Me, Recipe Journal, The Khohanotz
- cardamom, cinnamon, dairy-free, iranian cuisine, make-ahead, medium-grain rice, pantry quick fix, persian food, pudding, recipe, rice pudding, rose water, saffron, sholeh zard, short-grain rice, spoon desserts, step-by-step recipe
Sholeh Zard is a centuries old golden rice pudding flavored with saffron and rose water. Its fragrant taste and decorative garnishes used give this Persian recipe its distinct character. One can get quite creative using toppings such as cinnamon, pistachio, almond, candied orange peel and edible miniature roses.
- August 7, 2012
- Breads + Savory Pastries, Hot Appetizer, Made by Me, Party Food, Recipe Journal, The Khohanotz
- 7-spice blend, armenian food, beureg, deep-fried, dough, fatayer, finger food, hand pies, hors d'oeuvres, levantine cuisine, make-ahead, meat, mezze, middle eastern food, nibbles+bites, ouzi, rice, samboosak, sambousek, savory pastries, snack, step-by-step recipe, turnovers
These savory hand pies can be passed along as finger food or set up as part of a Middle Eastern mezze table with other small bites. Perfect for parties, sambousek can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen; simply deep fry when needed and serve warm or at room temperature.