- January 31, 2013
- Cookbook Review, Food Photography, Green Living, Lifestyle
- australia, Ballarat, blog, books, family cook, farm-to-table, food+cooking, home garden, how-to, hunting+gathering, lifestyle, local food, photography, Rohan Anderson, rural living, slow food, sustainable food, Whole Larder Love
Whole Larder Love, a book by Australian DIY-er Rohan Anderson.
Author Rohan Anderson came out with his first how-to manual and cookbook last year, Whole Larder Love, based on his blog in which he documents his modern-day hunting and gathering lifestyle through skillful photography and personal experiences in sustainability and green living. Anderson now lives entirely off the land with his family just outside the historical rural town of Ballarat in Australia.
- July 26, 2011
- DIY Projects, Floral + Decorative, Green Living, Plants + Gardening, Tutorials
- eco-friendly, green design, hobby, houseplants, how-to, make-it, modern, string gardens
photo credit: String Gardens
A few weeks back I posted an article titled Modern & Eco-Friendly Indoor Gardens in which I talked about string gardens by Fedor van der Valk. As promised, here is a tutorial on how to make your own hanging string-bound Kokedama moss balls.
Kokedama is an old Japanese botanic art form which has been lately revived. The following tutorial with accompanying instructional photos are courtesy of Sicilian-born Amsterdam-based designer Aura Scaringi from Miss Moussetache. A portfolio of her work can be found at Mimimou; an urban exploration, graphic design and illustration studio.
- July 5, 2011
- Eco-Friendly Products, Environments, Green Living, Plants + Gardening, Repurposed + Upcycled
- air plants, city living, container gardening, eco-friendly, green design, houseplants, living wall art, mini garden, modern, plant pots, recycled materials, small spaces, sustainable, terrarium, urban, urban farm, vertical gardens
Organic, recycled, reused, upcycled or urban green. You can call it whatever you want! Here are some fresh design ideas you can use to create your own modern and eco-friendly indoor gardens.
Many of us are apprehensive about having to care for houseplants, whether we believe to have a brown thumb, haven’t quite mastered creating the “perfect” environment plants need to strive or simply find it hard to incorporate them into our modern living spaces. It is time to think outside the box with these innovative options for modern and environmentally responsible gardening.