Made by Me
- June 13, 2012
- First Course Dishes, Lunch, Made by Me, Poultry + Game, Recipe Journal, Soup + Stew
- bai makrut, chicken, chiles, coconut milk, dairy-free, easy recipes, fish sauce, galangal, gluten-free, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, sour, spicy, step-by-step recipe, Thai cuisine, Tom Kha Gai, vegetables
- March 19, 2012
- Appetizers, Hot Appetizer, Made by Me, Meat, Party Food, Recipe Journal, Seafood, Sides
- Asian, Chinese food, culture, deep-fried, dough, eggroll, finger food, food+cooking, homemade, napa cabbage, nibbles+bites, noodles, pork, recipe, shitake, shrimp, spring roll, step-by-step recipe, street food, water chestnuts
- November 8, 2011
- Desserts, Fall, Made by Me, Pies + Tarts, Recipe Journal, Thanksgiving
- apples, baking, comfort food, easy recipes, fruit crisp, holidays, pie, pie crust, recipe
An easy recipe just in time for Thanksgiving; a crumb-topped apple pie that resembles a cake.
- October 25, 2011
- Cakes + Tortes, Desserts, Made by Me, Recipe Journal
- baked, baking, chocolate, colorful, cookbook recipe, homemade, recipe, red, Southern, step-by-step recipe, sweet treats
This red velvet cake recipe, from Baked: New Frontiers in Baking by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito, is one of my favorite tested versions. The creme fraiche frosting recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine is equally not too sweet and spreads easily.