- February 21, 2013
- Cookbook Recipe, Desserts, Made by Me, Pastries, Pies + Tarts, Recipe Journal, Winter
- almond, almond cream, almond extract, almond meal, baking, Big Sur Bakery, blood orange, brunch, California cuisine, chocolate spread, citrus fruits, clementine, cookbook recipe, crostata, dark chocolate, frangipane, French pastry, fruit desserts, grapefruit, Italian, jam, La Tejea, marmalade, Mediterranean cooking, Michelle Rizzolo, Nutella, orange, pâte brisée, pie crust, pie dough, recipe, rustic, Seville orange, spanish Marcona almonds, step-by-step recipe, tart
The recipe comes from The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook; a crostata, rustic tart or pie, with bitter orange chocolate marmalade, almond pastry cream (frangipane) and seasonal citrus fruits.
- September 25, 2012
- Cookbook Recipe, Desserts, Made by Me, Pastries, Recipe Journal
- chocolate, choux pastry, cream puff, Dorie Greenspan, Éclairs, French food, French pastry, ganache, Italian ice cream, pain à la duchesse, pastry, pâte à choux, Pierre Hermé, profiterole, recipe, rice crunch, spumoni, step-by-step recipe
This pate a choux recipe is adapted from Chocolate Desserts by Pierre Herme. The eclair, an oblong shape pastry, is filled with ice cream rather than custard or whipped cream and glazed with chocolate covered rice crunch rather than icing or caramel.
A dense, sweet, fine-textured almond flavored pound cake that is soft on the inside and hard on the outside.
- June 18, 2012
- Breads + Savory Pastries, Breakfast + Brunch, Cookbook Recipe, Made by Me, Recipe Journal, Yeast Breads
- almond cream, almond meal, baking, bostock, breakfast, brioche, brunch, Dorie Greenspan, food+cooking, frangipane, French food, French pastry, french toast, homemade, loaf, make-ahead, Mark Bittman, no-knead bread, orange liqueur, Paris, rum, step-by-step recipe, sweet treats