- February 21, 2013
- Cookbook Recipe, Desserts, Made by Me, Pastries, Pies + Tarts, Recipe Journal, Winter
- almond, almond cream, almond extract, almond meal, baking, Big Sur Bakery, blood orange, brunch, California cuisine, chocolate spread, citrus fruits, clementine, cookbook recipe, crostata, dark chocolate, frangipane, French pastry, fruit desserts, grapefruit, Italian, jam, La Tejea, marmalade, Mediterranean cooking, Michelle Rizzolo, Nutella, orange, pâte brisée, pie crust, pie dough, recipe, rustic, Seville orange, spanish Marcona almonds, step-by-step recipe, tart
The recipe comes from The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook; a crostata, rustic tart or pie, with bitter orange chocolate marmalade, almond pastry cream (frangipane) and seasonal citrus fruits.
- June 22, 2012
- Cakes + Tortes, Custards + Puddings, Desserts, Made by Me, Recipe Journal
- baking, cocoa, cookbook recipe, espresso, II Fornaio, Italian, layered dessert, make-ahead, marsala, mascarpone, pudding, recipe, rum, savoiardi biscuits, spoon desserts, tiramisu, Torta Maddalena, trifle
- April 30, 2012
- Cold Appetizer, Cookbook Recipe, Made by Me, Recipe Journal, Salads
- avocado, balsamic vinegar, Basque, colorful, cookbook recipe, creative food, cucumber, Gerald Hirigoyen, herbs, olive oil, Pintxos, radish, recipe, red, small plates, Spanish, summer, tapas, tomatoes, vegan, vegetarian, watermelon
- October 25, 2011
- Cakes + Tortes, Desserts, Made by Me, Recipe Journal
- baked, baking, chocolate, colorful, cookbook recipe, homemade, recipe, red, Southern, step-by-step recipe, sweet treats
This red velvet cake recipe, from Baked: New Frontiers in Baking by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito, is one of my favorite tested versions. The creme fraiche frosting recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine is equally not too sweet and spreads easily.