- July 24, 2016
- Desserts, Made by Me, Pastries, Recipe Journal, The Khohanotz
- arabic sweets, ashta, baking, baklava, baklawa, baqlawa, butter, clotted cream, custard, dessert, farina, filo dough, heavy cream, levantine cuisine, mastic, middle eastern food, milk, orange blossom jam, orange blossom water, pastry, phyllo dough, pistachio, qashta, recipe, rose water, semolina, shaabiyat, simple syrup, sugar, warbat bil ashta, zahr el laymoun, بقلاوة, جلاش, حلويات عربية, شعيبيات, قشطة, قشطة منزلية, كلاج, وربات بالقشطة
- December 29, 2013
- Cookbook Recipe, Custards + Puddings, Desserts, Made by Me, Pastries, Pies + Tarts, Recipe Journal
- all-butter crust, baking, blackberry, blueberry, Buddy Valastro, butter, Cake Boss, cake flour, Carlo's Bakery, crème pâtissière, custard, dessert, eggs, French cream, fruit desserts, fruit tart, frutti di bosco, Italian custard cream, lemon zest, milk, pastry, pastry cream, pastry flour, pie crust, raspberry, shortcrust pastry, tart, vanilla bean, whipping cream
- February 21, 2013
- Cookbook Recipe, Desserts, Made by Me, Pastries, Pies + Tarts, Recipe Journal, Winter
- almond, almond cream, almond extract, almond meal, baking, Big Sur Bakery, blood orange, brunch, California cuisine, chocolate spread, citrus fruits, clementine, cookbook recipe, crostata, dark chocolate, frangipane, French pastry, fruit desserts, grapefruit, Italian, jam, La Tejea, marmalade, mediterranean cooking, Michelle Rizzolo, Nutella, orange, pâte brisée, pie crust, pie dough, recipe, rustic, Seville orange, spanish Marcona almonds, step-by-step recipe, tart
The recipe comes from The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook; a crostata, rustic tart or pie, with bitter orange chocolate marmalade, almond pastry cream (frangipane) and seasonal citrus fruits.
- September 25, 2012
- Cookbook Recipe, Desserts, Made by Me, Pastries, Recipe Journal
- chocolate, choux pastry, cream puff, Dorie Greenspan, Éclairs, French food, French pastry, ganache, Italian ice cream, pain à la duchesse, pastry, pâte à choux, Pierre Hermé, profiterole, recipe, rice crunch, spumoni, step-by-step recipe
This pate a choux recipe is adapted from Chocolate Desserts by Pierre Herme. The eclair, an oblong shape pastry, is filled with ice cream rather than custard or whipped cream and glazed with chocolate covered rice crunch rather than icing or caramel.