- March 14, 2017
- Armenian Recipe, Dips, Gluten-Free, Mezze, Middle Eastern Recipes, Recipe Journal, Salads, The Khohanotz, Vegetarian
- armenian food, armenian recipe, cacik, cold food recipes, dairy, dips, dried mint, food blog, Fordhook Giant chard, garlic, gluten-free, greek-style yogurt, in an Armenian kitchen, jajeek, kefir cheese, labne, labneh, leafy greens, make-ahead, mediterranean cooking, mezze, middle eastern food, mint, no recipe recipes, olive oil, parsley, probiotics, quick & easy recipe, rainbow chard, recipe, southern caucasian cuisine, strained yogurt, swiss chard, tzatziki, vegetarian, yogurt dressing, բանճարով ճաճըխ, Հայկական բաղադրատոմսեր, Հայկական խոհանոց, նախուտեստներ
- January 27, 2017
- Appetizers, Cold Appetizer, Food + Culture, Gluten-Free, Mezze, Middle Eastern Recipes, Pulses + Grains, Recipe Journal, Street Food, The Khohanotz, Vegan, Vegetables
- 40 days of Lent, allspice, appetizers, balkan cuisine, bell peppers, black mussel, braise, cinnamon, cold food recipes, comfort food, cooking ancient recipes, currants, dairy-free, dill, dolma, eggplant, flavors of anatolia, food blog, gluten-free, grains, herbs, in an Armenian kitchen, kuru dolma, Lenten recipe, mediterranean cooking, meze, mezze, middle eastern food, midye dolma, mint, mussels, olive oil, onion, parsley, pine nuts, recipe, regional cuisine, rice, shallots, short-grain rice, slow food, small plates, southern caucasian cuisine, starters, steaming, street food, stuffed vegetables, sun-dried eggplant, tomato, tried and tested recipes, vegan, vegan recipes, vegetables, vegetarian, zeytinyağlı biber dolmasi
- November 15, 2016
- Dinner Party, Entertaining, Fall, Food + Culture, Main Courses, Poultry + Game, Recipe Journal, Vegetables, Winter
- Alsatian dish, braise, carrots, casserole, chicken, chicken recipes, cognac, comfort food, Coq au Riesling, crème fraiche, dinner, entrées, European, fall food, food blog, French food, garlic, German food, homestyle, leeks, main dish, make-ahead, marsala, mediterranean cooking, onion, parsley, potato, poultry, recipe, red potatoes, regional cuisine, Riesling, sauté, slow food, slow-cooked, stew, stock, tarragon, vegetables, white wine, winter food
- March 24, 2014
- Armenian Recipe, Made by Me, My Food Roots, Recipe Journal, Seasonal Celebrations, The Khohanotz, Vegan
- 40 days of Lent, armenian food, armenian recipe, bulgur, dairy-free, kebbeh, keufteh, kibbeh, kufta, Lenten recipe, levantine cuisine, make-ahead, meatless, middle eastern food, mint, parsley, pomegranate molasses, recipe, red pepper paste, semolina, step-by-step recipe, sumac, swiss chard, vegan, vegetarian, բանջարով պահքի կոլոլակ, Հայկական բաղադրատոմսեր, Հայկական խոհանոց, Հայկական Ճաշատեսակներ, ճաշեր, պահքի ճաշեր, պահքի ուտեստ, տոնական սեղանի ուտեստներ, քյուֆթա, كبة
Vegan Chard Kebbeh and its numerous adaptations is a staple food on Armenian tables during the 40 days of Great Lent, known as [ Medz Bahk ] or [ Karasnok ] in Armenian and sometimes referred to as [ Aghouhatzk ] by the Armenian Church.
Now that Mid-Lent [ Michink ] is just around the corner, I found it befitting to post this Lenten recipe. Mid-Lent is considered a special day amongst Armenians; it is the 24th day of Lent and happens on the Wednesday of the fourth week, hence March 26th.