- January 27, 2017
- Appetizers, Cold Appetizer, Food + Culture, Gluten-Free, Mezze, Middle Eastern Recipes, Pulses + Grains, Recipe Journal, Street Food, The Khohanotz, Vegan, Vegetables
- 40 days of Lent, allspice, appetizers, balkan cuisine, bell peppers, black mussel, braise, cinnamon, cold food recipes, comfort food, cooking ancient recipes, currants, dairy-free, dill, dolma, eggplant, flavors of anatolia, food blog, gluten-free, grains, herbs, in an Armenian kitchen, kuru dolma, Lenten recipe, mediterranean cooking, meze, mezze, middle eastern food, midye dolma, mint, mussels, olive oil, onion, parsley, pine nuts, recipe, regional cuisine, rice, shallots, short-grain rice, slow food, small plates, southern caucasian cuisine, starters, steaming, street food, stuffed vegetables, sun-dried eggplant, tomato, tried and tested recipes, vegan, vegan recipes, vegetables, vegetarian, zeytinyağlı biber dolmasi
- March 24, 2014
- Armenian Recipe, Made by Me, My Food Roots, Recipe Journal, Seasonal Celebrations, The Khohanotz, Vegan
- 40 days of Lent, armenian food, armenian recipe, bulgur, dairy-free, kebbeh, keufteh, kibbeh, kufta, Lenten recipe, levantine cuisine, make-ahead, meatless, middle eastern food, mint, parsley, pomegranate molasses, recipe, red pepper paste, semolina, step-by-step recipe, sumac, swiss chard, vegan, vegetarian, բանջարով պահքի կոլոլակ, Հայկական բաղադրատոմսեր, Հայկական խոհանոց, Հայկական Ճաշատեսակներ, ճաշեր, պահքի ճաշեր, պահքի ուտեստ, տոնական սեղանի ուտեստներ, քյուֆթա, كبة
Vegan Chard Kebbeh and its numerous adaptations is a staple food on Armenian tables during the 40 days of Great Lent, known as [ Medz Bahk ] or [ Karasnok ] in Armenian and sometimes referred to as [ Aghouhatzk ] by the Armenian Church.
Now that Mid-Lent [ Michink ] is just around the corner, I found it befitting to post this Lenten recipe. Mid-Lent is considered a special day amongst Armenians; it is the 24th day of Lent and happens on the Wednesday of the fourth week, hence March 26th.
- May 6, 2013
- Bride, Dessert Tables, Details, Entertaining, Film, Groom, Inspiration, Settings + Backdrops, Styled Photo Shoot, Tablescapes, Vendor Spotlight, Wedding Photgraphy, Weddings
- Adrian Jon Photography, bird elements, bridal style, Brothers Nelson and Co., Christine van de Water, dessert table, event design, farm table, feathers, Floral Occassions, Found Vintage Rentals, hair accessories, jewelry, mint, pattern, photo shoot, pink, place settings, prints, reception, Refresh Talent Agency, rustic, San Juan Capistrano, Signature Party Rentals, Simply Sweet Cakery, sweetheart table, table runner, The Villa, vintage, vintage jewelry, wedding cake, wedding ideas
The vintage styled photo shoot took place at The Villa in San Juan Capistrano; a labor of love for wedding planner Christine van de Water and her husband AJ of Adrian Jon Photography.
- April 14, 2013
- Made by Me, Main Courses, Noodles + Pasta, Recipe Journal, Soup + Stew, The Khohanotz
- ancient armenia, Antimo Caputo 00 Chef's Flour, armenian food, beef mince, chicken base, Cilician Armenia, comfort food, culture, demi-glace, dinner, dough, dumpling, food+cooking, freeze-for-later, greek-style yogurt, kefir cheese, King Arthur Italian-Style Flour, labne, labneh, lebni, levantine cuisine, madzoon abour, make-ahead, mantabour, manti, manti çorbası, manti dough, middle eastern food, mint, one-dish meal, recipe, shishbarak, soup, southern caucasian cuisine, spas, step-by-step recipe, strained yogurt, sulu manti, tanabour, tipo '00' flour, yayla çorbası, yogurt, Մանթի, ششبرك
Manti are tiny ring shaped tortellini-like dumplings (agantch, in Armenian) that are either baked or boiled like pasta. Tanabour, Madzoon Abour or Spas is a classic soup made with yogurt; but traditionally made with dried buttermilk. Once combined together it turns into a one-dish meal better known as Mantabour.
- March 13, 2013
- Appetizers, Cold Appetizer, Entertaining, Made by Me, Recipe Journal, Salads, Sides
- appetizers, balsamic vinegar, basil, cheese, colorful, feta, fleur de sel, fruit, gluten-free, goat cheese, healthy, heirloom tomato, herbs, mint, no recipe recipes, olive oil, pink salt, pool party, quick & easy recipe, radish, recipe, red wine vinegar, ricotta salata, salad, sea salt, sherry vinegar, summertime entertaining, tomato, vegetables, vegetarian, watermelon
A refreshing combination of heirloom tomato and watermelon wedges with layers of contrasting flavors and ricotta salata cheese.
Perfect for spring or summertime entertaining.